Here’s the recipe for the most moist rich chocolate goodness ever!
(Buttercream and chocolate ganache recipe below)
1/2 lb Butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder (i used the cadbury cocoa)
3 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk (add a tsp of lime)
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tbsp of espresso
- Mix cocoa, baking soda and warm water together. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and tsp of essence
- Mix flour. sour cream and milk alternately
- Lastly scoop cocoa mixture and mix together
- Lastly put in a greased pan and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 30-45mins. (Poke in the middle with a skewer stick, if it comes out dry then its ready)
What you need???
340g Icing Sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1 tsp vanilla essense
2tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp of expresso powder
Mix butter for 5 minutes using a hand or stand mixer
Add in icing sugar, espresso powder and slowly add in the essence and heavy cream.
Mix until there are no lumps and the mixture is similar to the texture seen below
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 heavy cream
Heat heavy cream on the microwave for 30 seconds, pour over chocolate chips and stir until melted! Simple that’s it!