Saltfish Accras Recipe
- 250 grams Saltfish
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp dried yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cloves of grated garlic
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 6 Pimento Peppers
- 2 Hot peppers
- 1 cup of finely chopped shadow beni and parsley
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- Firstly wash the saltish together with the lime in a separate bowl. Then add the saltfish and the lime in a pot of water to boil for approximately 20 minutes.
- While this is boiling you can mix our dry ingredients and set aside.
- When the saltfish is all finished boiling, drain out the water and use a fork or hands to break up the saltfish into pieces.
- Add all seasonings to the saltfish and set aside.
- Moving on to the flour batter, slowly add luke warm water and mix together. (The luke warm water is very important) , you can also add season to this (optional)
- Add the seasoned saltfish and mix together, set aside covered for approximately an hour for the batter to rise.
- When the mixture has risen, you can use a spoon to scoop the batter into hot oil for frying.